Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008

Adding JDBC driver in BIRT

I'm currently learning how to use BIRT, the open source Eclipse-based reporting system. After working through the tutorial I tried to add my own database, and so had to provide a JDBC driver for it. There are installation instructions on how to do it, but when testing the connection I always received org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: org.sqlite.JDBC.

Only later I found a section in the online help where it says that the driver must be copied to a certain plugin directory first (/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.0.0/drivers).

I've created an enhancement request for the installation instructions.


Update 2008-01-17: Obviously, it's not a bug but the effect of installing Eclipse in /opt with root ownership, and then starting Eclipse as a normal user.

Kommentar veröffentlichen